Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dolphins, apologies etc.

I have truly been remiss in my blogging effort as of late and for this I apologize. Too many of you are probably wondering what is going on out there and I can tell you there is a lot. Sunny days have been the norm for quite some time.

What am I seeing? Well there have been plenty of dolphins around like the ones that sought a closer look at us in the pictures here. While I am very careful to give whales their space this group was not interested in anything other than playing with us.

There have been lots of Black bears rummaging for food on the beaches at low tide, a beautiful young male Grizzly

in the estuary, speedy Dahl’s porpoise feeding, the spectacular Bald Eagle fishing display in the rapids around Stuart Island and visits from Orcas (both transient and resident) along with many other random acts of nature to behold.

Now that the salmon are moving in to our area whale sightings should be on the increase and with the warm summer in its peak these are certainly good times to be on the water.

ps. Some of you might be wondering why I don't have more captivating photos but somebody has to drive the boat so for those of you who have been out there with me (you know who you are!) please feel free to send me a picture or two of our trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home